Our History | Excellence in ergonomics
- 1996: Began as a design consultancy, transforming businesses through design and ergonomics.
- 1998: Developed "BodyWorks" ergonomics library used by SOLIDWORKS(TM) users globally.
- 2000: Hundreds of successful products world-wide designed by zetec using our own ergonomic tools.
- 2002: Customers of ergonomic aids include Canon, Disney, Airbus, Space-X, LifeFitness, FFI (Norway),
Fisher & Paykel, SouthWest airlines and the NZ Navy. Seating designs include
award-winning seating for
offices, ride-on vehicles, outdoor and marine seating.
- 2011: Won a contract for shock mitigation seating for high-speed Navy boats.
- 2013: Seats installed on coastguard, fishing, tourist and private boats.
- 2015: Shark is the first in the industry to manufacture our own suspension by injection molding which
greatly reduces costs, increases speed and repeatability of manufacture and allows us to produce high
quantity to satisfy large contracts in a short time.
- 2015: University to MOD standards verified that the residual vibration experienced by the crew is 20%
lower than any published results of any competitor on the market.
- 2016: In addition to more Navy and Coast-guard boats, seats have been installed on several America's-Cup
chase boats, TV fishing-show boats and boats attempting circum-navigation and other endurance records.